Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Slow and Steady

Yesterday I played 4700 hands and only made about a buy in. I think there has been only one other time that I have played that many hands in a day. Though it didn't feel that long because I broke it up into about three different sessions.

This might turn out to be even more difficult than I thought. It appears that every single regular decided to turn over a new leaf on new years, so the tables have been jammed with 6 or more regs per table...all day long. I think I have maintained a good win rate over the last 6 months because I use good game selection and tend to stay away from the cooler trading/reg infested tables. But now, to make 30k in two months I have to play more hands, which means I'm going to have to do one of two things. Play at times when the tables are full of regs; or watch the tables like a hawk and play every single minute of every single day when they look good...which isn't feasible.

I believe I'm also going to have to play alot of weekend nights. This should be ok since I should only be going out one night a week. If I can get in one Friday or Saturday night a week, in addition to a Saturday afternoon and a Sunday, then I'll be happy. Those are the days when the tables really are much easier, and you can see a dramatic rise in your win rate. I'm still running at 4ptbb/100 for the month, which is really good, though I've only played 8k hands so far. Ill post graphs and numbers towards the end of the week.

On the non poker front...nothing :) I wake up, read, watch a poker video, play poker, go to jiu jitsu, come home, watch an hour of tv, then play poker, read, and sleep. Rinse and repeat. Mornings are typically when I have alot of time since my tables don't start running till about 1pm...the downside is nothing fun happens in the morning. In fact, I've been so bored lately that I have begun to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows again. I know its slightly dorky (ok big time) but the series is one of the most entertaining things I have ever experienced. Plus, the first time I read Deathly Hallows, I read it as a crappy, pirated Internet version because I finished the The Half Blood Prince at 10pm and night and no book store was open to buy the last book. So i downloaded the book, and stayed up all night reading it. This was back in August. Fast forward to this weekend at the book store, I decided to purchase the actual book, and am now reading almost as fast as I did the first time. I should be done by Thursday or Friday.

As for eating and health, everything is going well. I have a small breakfast of either oatmeal or a banana each morning in addition to my one indulgence of the day, which is a skim milk latte which i make at home. Lunch is typically chicken or steak cooked on the grill with rice and beans or a salad. I have a snack before I go to jiu jitsu at night, either a banana or orange, then I have a salad at night. So far so good.

I might post some hands later on today, but for now its off to BJJ class.

Weigh in, Jan 2 - 188.1 pounds
Poker Profit since Jan 2nd - $1,320.57

No comments:

Post a Comment